If you're looking for engaging E-Learning content this is the site for you. We have 15 years' experience in developing E-Learning content as well as in training Adobe Captivate to a wide range of clients.
We can help you to create content from scratch or work with you to upgrade your E-Learning content to make it more engaging, achieving higher completion rates and improving the performance of your participants.
We can work with your organisation to plan learning programs and create production scripts that get the job done.
Mark Waterfield - Certified Captivate Expert
Mark is passionate about E-Learning and has been working with Adobe Captivate since 2004.
Here is some recent feedback from clients:
Scenario or 'Soft Skills' training
Using video within a systems training module demonstrating the Lync system.
An interactive piece of systems content is set up so the learner is compelled to complete certain stages.
Typical 'systems' style content demonstrating features of a document management system.
Drag and Drop
An induction module designed to familiarize new employees with key members of staff.
Here is some content that uses video as its primary teaching method:
Free E-Learning Consultation
Have you been tasked with developing an E-Learning project and you're not sure where to start?
Get in touch
Create or Update Content
We can take your existing content and give it a make-over so people actually want to complete it.
Here are some Adobe Captivate modules created by the elearningcontent.co.uk team:
E-Learning Content Development
Here is some 'Systems' content - i.e. content that demonstrates or simulates ('view it' or 'do it') features of a software application or system:
N.B. As a rule software demonstrations are optimized for viewing on a desktop or tablet sized screen.
Introduction to Adobe Captivate 2019
We offer training for all levels of user, from a standard one-day or two-day introduction course for beginners to a one-day version upgrade course on which more experienced users can consolidate their skills.
Adobe Captivate 2019 easily handles software demonstrations, quizzes and other engaging learning experiences. It outputs to the various standard formats including Flash and HTML5 and allows for the creation of 'responsive' projects. Captivate 2017 integrates smoothly with all major Learning Management Systems.
You can also upload directly to Adobe's new LMS - Captivate Prime.
We offer a standard introductory two-day course, a one-day version up-grade session or fully bespoke project-focused training.
Watch this brief video to find out more about the two-day Introduction to Captivate course.
Planning is the key to creating good learning content. We believe it breaks down into three key areas:
Strategic planning. This involves looking at the total body of learning that needs to be conveyed and organising it into logical and appropriately sized modules.
Granular planning (or scripting). This will be highly detailed, for example, each click clearly described in systems content.
Look and Feel. Your organization will already have a visual identity. There are many decisions involved in moving this into the interactive online environment.
Planning and Scripting
'Mark’s open and flexible approach enabled us to produce some great content whilst building up Captivate expertise within the company. Besides being a consummate Captivate professional who is happy to share his knowledge, it’s worth knowing that he is also the sort of person who is prepared to put in that little bit extra to get the best result.'
Julia King - Academy Product Manager at ATPI
'Mark has an excellent knowledge of Captivate and an engaging and flexible teaching style - I don't hesistate to recommend him as an instructor!'
Ruth Talbot - HCM and Learning Management Systems Professional
'We were really impressed with the Captivate training that Mark provided. We were surprised by how much we covered, without the course feeling at all rushed. Mark was skilled at providing practical tips and advice, and helped us solve several problems. We feel really well placed to now make the most out of our investment in Captivate.'
Simon Gosney - Head of Learning & Development, Dimensions UK
Mark Waterfield has run numerous Adobe Captivate courses for Armada. The training he provides has always been of a high standard, and he consistently receives excellent delegate feedback. I strongly recommend Mark.'
Steven Smith - Owner, Armada Training
Mark came to the XS Training office to deliver a 3 day course on using the Adobe Captivate program. He was very flexible and worked round our work commitments. The course was very well structured and informative. Mark tailored the course to our needs and helped with specific designs and projects. Mark brought extensive experience to the course and the delivery was very clear. Mark then continued supporting us as a company throughout the use of the program when we started producing our online courses. He is always at the end of a phone or email, to deal with any queries or questions we have.
I couldn’t recommend Mark enough to deliver training in-house or online.
Jamie Gibbs - Senior Manager XS Training
Here are some of our clients
A maths module featuring use of TypeKit - Adobe's web based font library.
Captivate responsive content changes depending on the screensize of the device on which it is being viewed - here are some examples of the features in action. N.B. adjust the browser window size to see how slides get simpler or the layout changes as the window gets smaller.
Featuring a responsive drag and drop question.
Multi-Slide Synchronized Video
A web tutorial created to demonstrate a key Adobe Captivate feature.
A module produced for travel company ATPI, featuring advanced scripting and animation.
Here is some 'Soft skills' or 'Scenario' content:
Topics covered in the two-day introduction course
Introduction to Adobe Animate
Learn to create engaging animated content for Captivate in web-friendly HTML5
- Exploring the interface
- Investigating the timeline
- Learning the various animation approaches available
- Creating and importing images
- Working with text and shapes
- Using code snippets, movie clips and masks
- Building and animating web banners and logos
- Export your projects to HTML5
- Importing Animate content into Adobe Captivate
Software Demonstration / Simulation
The learner first watches a software demo and then proves their understanding via an interactive software simuation
Articulate Storyline training teaching everything required to build professional-standard, interactive e-learning content.
The tool-of-choice for many instructional designers, Articulate Storyline provides everything you need to develop high-quality e-learning content.
Articulate Storyline training provides a thorough grounding for beginners, teaching all key techniques. Sessions include:
- Understanding e-learning and planning an Articulate Storyline project.
- Creating a project, inserting scenes and slides, adding images, animation, and characters.
- Using all of the different assets and elements, including narration, audio and video.
- Review questions and quizzes.
- Publishing your project for the web and mobile distribution to an LMS.
This course is ideal for anyone whose role involves developing online training content using Articulate Storyline.
Articulate Storyline training is arranged on-request, i.e. one-to-one training or a ‘closed course’ for your group. Your training can be tailored to take into account any existing knowledge you have, and the work you’re going to be doing.
Introduction to Articulate Storyline
E-Learning Content Development
A video guitar tuition module using the recent video updates to increase interactivity.
- The Captivate learning environment
- Creating a 'blank' project
- Creating a software demonstration
- Editing slides
- Working with text captions
- The object styles manager
- Using masterslides
- Modifying the pointer
- Working with the timeline
- Working with objects
- Using smart shapes
- Investigating 'Themes'
- Inserting animations and applying effects
- Using video and audio in Captivate 2019
- Creating a 'responsive' project using fluid boxes
- Recording software simulations
- Using click boxes
- Importing PowerPoint slides
- Inserting buttons
- Using text entry boxes
- Using smart shapes as interactive objects
- Using variables
- Inserting zoom areas and learning interactions.
- Drag and drop exercises
- Inserting question slides and random question slides.
- Setting reporting options
- Creating video demos
- Publishing for Learning Management Systems
Advanced Adobe Captivate 2019
Take Captivate to the next level with a one-day course that gets you working with the many exciting new advanced features to really bring your content forward.
Captivate now has editable animation effects and smoothly interacts with Photoshop and Illustrator for enhanced and efficient content development. It records high definition videos and it supports the use of variables to allow the creation of highly personalized and realistic materials.
Topics covered in the course
Choose any or all of the below subject areas.
- Encoding video files for use in Captivate (using the ‘Adobe Media Encoder’)
- Adding and editing animation effects
- Recording high definition 'screen casts'
- Using the 'state' view.
- Using buttons to trigger animation effects and switch object visibility on/off
- Integrating Adobe Photoshop
- Integrating with Illustrator
- Introduction to Animate
- Inserting and editing learning interactions into the project
- Creating and insert ‘system’ and ‘user’ variables
- Using variables to gather data
- Creating ‘conditional' and 'shared' actions
- Detailed use of advanced 'Drag and drop' functionality
- Reviewing projects pre-publishing with the Captivate ‘Reviewer’ software
- Publishing for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Using the Geolocation variable
- Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer - the ‘on-board’ Captivate LMS alternative
- Using Adobe Typekit with Captivate
- Troubleshooting any existing Captivate content you wish to bring along